Thursday, March 4, 2010

We Can't Live Off Of What If's

This morning, I got an email from my boss saying that things over at the other office were crazy. That they're getting overflowed with candidates trying to apply. We've had 73 people apply this week. Eight of which should have gone to my office to apply, and one of which who actually did. That doesn't look so great. It's hard to tell what that means. Everyone over there is agitated and everyone just wants things to be back the way they were. Too bad none of them have a say in it. The owner will make the last decision. He has no idea what they are going through. All he wants to do is save money, which it's too early to tell if he will. We're only four days in. We have the whole rest of march to thin out this situation. No one really knows what's going to happen. 

I do, however have an interview this Saturday in Cedar City. I'd be making three dollars less than I do now, and it'd be part time instead of full. After my interview, I have an appointment with a landlord on this great two bedroom twin home. At a great price! I am absolutely in love with this place. It would be SO nice for Kaiden to have his own room again, and to get all of his toys out of my cluttered living room! I have a really good feeling that I'll get this job no problem, great right? It would be.

Here's my problem. We don't know for sure IF they are going to be shutting down my office. What IF they don't, and I take the job in Cedar? Then I could have kept my job making good money in a studio apartment. But, what IF they do close it down and I stay because no one knows for sure what's going to happen? Then I'd be out of a job. I would much rather be in Cedar. I am so much happier there. I had a hard time leaving in the first place. The only reason I did, was because of the job I have now. But IF I lose this job, what's holding me back? It's a tough situation. I think I know what I have to do. I just don't want to disappoint anyone. I need to do what's right for my family. I hope everyone can respect that, even IF they think it's not the right choice. I hate What If's.

No comments:

Post a Comment