Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got some pretty crappy news. My bosses were in a meeting for half the day yesterday. I was excluded, of course. Well, after every one had gone home, except for my main boss and myself, he comes to tell me what this meeting was all about. I had a gut-feeling that my job was in danger. He tells me that our founder wants to shut down our office to save money. He wants us to transfer all the way to Las Vegas. I immediately said, "I have to drive all the way to Vegas everyday!?" He stopped me short and said, "Except you." I knew it. I knew I was being laid off. I haven't even been here that long. Well, come to find out, I still have my job, for now. But I'm going to be working all alone for a month straight. As an "experiment." With new hours. So, now I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning instead of 6:30. So not looking forward to that. But, that's not even the worst part. My new duties will be to have people sign a paper, saying they came in trying to apply, and hand them a map to the other office. Then on Mondays, I have to alphabetize the time cards so they can be picked up on Tuesdays. The phones will be forwarded to the other office as well. I am seriously considering picking up a can of Mace. Just in case. So, if all goes "well" then they will transfer offices. They already have two admins over there. I'm the newest employee, and the youngest, so, I'll be the first to go. I'm already looking for a new job. This is a really sucky situation. But I'm going to try and make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment